Monday, February 9, 2009

THEY STILL MAKE THESE?!?


Ayo, I kid you not... me and my homegirl Meleny were JUST talking about these joints back in the fall... she found a whole case and was going to send them to me (I might need you to still do that Mel...) I was just astounded that they still had cases of these floating around because I hadn't seen them in years... I used to eat two of these joints EVERYDAY... real talk... I'd go down to CVS right after school and cop two... eat one, go ball, come back to the crib, eat dinner and around 10:30, I'd eat the other one... it was like clockwork... then they just kinda went awaya nd I didn't see them anymore... well, I'm passing through my local, friendly neighborhood grocer and
DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME?
I saw a NutRageous!!! a brotha just had to get one and after all these years of just LONGING for one...

It just wasn't the same... I mean it was good, don't get me wrong... but it just wasn't what I remember it being... it had way too much peanut butter... not to mention my chocolate was mad ashy for some reason (you know what I'm talking about!!)... it was just... eh... a lackluster experience... they say when you get older, your tastebuds change so maybe that's what's going on with me... the only candy I can really stand these days are Twix and Snickers... is nothing from childhood sacred anymore? While I am currently renewing my video game love from back in the day... candy is just not what it used to be... on another note, if I stop liking macaroni and cheese, I'm jumping off a cliff... the line has to be drawn somewhere!!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah...


    They don't taste the same...
    Nothing really tastes the same as it did when you first feel in love with it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I just don't know what it is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i used to love these back in the day. i forgot all about them.

    ReplyDelete