Friday, June 26, 2009

Homeless Girl is Going to Harvard

Read more about the story here


Stories like this are exactly why I give money to homeless people... for those too lazy to click the link, this girl went to 12 different schools in 12 years, she and her mother have been homeless and now she's going to Harvard... that's bananas... what's even crazier is that she never told anyone AND no one ever found out... can you even imagine the ramifications if that were to get out in high school? Kids can be some cruel ass bastards, especially in high school... not to mention, she had the motivation to come home and do her homework and stay on top of her studies enough to make it to fucking Harvard? That's amazing to me...

I know a lot of people don't do it, but I'm going to always give money to homeless people... you never know how they got that way or what the future might have planned for them... I hope she ends up doing something great with her degree and buys her and her mother a big ass house...




Ya'll be easy...

2 comments:

  1. you are exactly right. you just never know someone's story and you never know what someone will do with the money. i haven't been able to help sometimes because i don't even have extra money to give anymore.

    my family and i have almost been homeless a few times but it was a detail we kept within our family. even if i ever was, that doesn't mean i am any less capable to make a great contribution to the world

    thank you so much for sharing this hard work. gave me the first smile i have had all day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I try to do what I can... happy to put a smile on your face... I've faced homelessness a few times in my life too, so I know how you feel/felt...

    ReplyDelete