So even though most people hate tax season, I've always loved it because I always got a return... ALWAYS... and its usually a nice little number... back in the day I would hit up H&R Block and pay the little fee and whatnot and get a good $400-500... which ain't much but it's at least some "catch-up-on-bills" money or if I've been responsible up to that point, I'd cop sneakers, clothes and what have you...
Last year, I got it done at my bank and received the biggest return yet of close to $1100... most of it went to rent so it wasn't like I just bugged out and started coppin' sneakers or anything...
Fast forward to 2009... I'm at school and not readily accessible to my bank so I decided to let my cousin do it since all my paperwork was sent home to Raleigh anyway... she did a few other family members' taxes before because she's some type of financial analyst or some shit so I wasn't too worried about anything... in any event, I should've known something was up when both of my sisters had to pay money back... but I just chalked it up to the fact that maybe they had been working more than I thought... I only worked about five or six months total last year so I wasn't expecting a huge return... maybe around $400, 500... $600 if I was lucky... tell me why I'm only getting $107, B?!? And the coup de grace... I gotta pay $82 in state taxes!
$25...? What kinda shit is that? This is the last time I let my family "do me a favor..." in 2010, I better see some stacks, gahdammit...
Ya'll be easy...
BLK & The Gathering Spot Launch Love-Minded Campaign For Booked & Busy
Black Entrepreneurs Seeking Sweeties
-
Black love and Black business are equally worthy of celebration, as shown
in BLK and The Gathering Spot's new 'Open for Business (and Love)' campaign.
Th...
16 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment