Wednesday, January 28, 2009

School Updates!!!

"God's bread! It makes me mad.
Day, night; hour, tide, time; work, play;
Alone, in company; still my care hath been
To have her matched; and having now provided
A gentleman of noble parentage,
Of fair demesnes, youthful and nobly trained,
Stuffed, as they say, with honorable parts,
Proportioned as one's thought would wish a man--
And then to have a wretched puling fool,
A whining mammet, in her fortune's tender,
To answer 'I'll not wed, I cannot love;
I am too young, I pray you pardon me'!
Graze where you will, you shall not house with me.
Look to't, think on't; I do not use to jest.
Thursday is near; lay hand on heart, advise:
And you be mine, I'll give you to my friend;
And you be not, hang, beg, starve, die in the streets,
For, by my shoul, I'll ne'er acknowledge thee,
Nor what is mine shall never do thee good.
Trust to't. Bethink you. I'll not be forsworn."
--Capulet (Act III, Scene V, lines 177-197)

This is the speech I had to give today for my Shakespeare class... It's only 21 lines but that shit was hard as fuck... we don't speak like that, man... Since I had a few pauses and didn't know what "forsworn" meant (I didn't know homie was gonna ask us questions!!) I got an 83... a fair grade, in my opinion... I have to do another one in March or April, so as long as I get a 100 (which I will because I'm picking my speech NOW and practicing every night up until then), it'll average out to about a 91, which is an A, so I'll take that...

I also had to take a quiz on Act V today of Romeo & Juliet (we are FINALLY done with this fucking play!) and I knocked that out the park...

I had an exam in Chemistry today and I'm pretty sure I got either a low 'A' or a high 'B'... one or two questions I was like "huh?" but for the most part, I got my answers right...

So all I have to do now is my Ethnics Studies' class which I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE... it's not everyday where you can have a class where you discuss things that actually fucking appeal to you... unlike British Literature, which is just... I don't even know how to describe that shit... I just don't care for it... although this essay I have coming up where I describe Obama's leadership qualities using quotes from Beowulf is fucking genius... that's gonna be a dope paper... I'll probably get started on that tonight or tomorrow... other than that, I just have to read Act I of Hamlet and finish my essay for Ethnic Studies and that's ALL for the whole weekend...

I'm partying this weekend, B!!!! Super Bowl Sunday, I got my refund check is coming in tomorrow or Friday, I'm getting my computer, getting an XBox 360, I ain't got homework, I ain't got no job... and I got shit to do! (Friday reference there for the fans... you know how I do!)

Oh yeah, I got a interview to write for Expressions again on Friday; it's our minority literary magazine here at East Carolina... I wrote for them back in '05 before I left but since I've come back, I figured why not see what's poppin'... plus, they pay now, so that's DOUBLE reason to get down with the team... so ya'll wish me luck on that... I think that's it with school...

Ya'll be easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment