Friday, January 30, 2009

Oh Yeah, Almost Forgot...

So last night before I had the tragedy with my phone, I attended a meeting for Word of Mouth, the spoken word organization here at ECU, and I must say I was dumb impressed... like, these people sound like they could have easily been on Def Poetry Jam, they were that good...

I just started writing spoken word about three months ago (my first poem was about eating pussy, if you can believe it) and I'm really hoping to be a part... I have to attend three meetings and then audition, but if I make it, there's a showcase on the 20th that I would love to be a part of... I think people will like my first joint... it's entitled "Us"...

So ya'll pray for a brotha and hope that he knocks their socks off... this is my first venture into performing on a stage (since like 3rd grade anyway... lol) so I hope I can do a good job... I'll try to youtube the performance if I can so ya'll can feel me and my message...

I'm out...

No comments:

Post a Comment