Thursday, October 29, 2009

Why I Respect Some Professors and Loathe Others...

So today has been one of those days that starts off really wack but then ends up ok... let's recap:

ANTH 2010: This has become my surprise class of the semester... I just knew I was going to HATE this class but it's actually kinda dope... my professor is kinda weird (but what anthropology professor is all the way normal?) Well we had a test today... I know I failed... like, literally, I failed... I just don't know how bad... I was sick all last week so I missed two classes which was pretty much 40% of the test... it's my own fault... I wasn't dedicated to getting the missed notes... no biggie... but I had one of those times where you don't remember something until you leave... like "ARRGH!! I remember the answer to number three now! Fuck!" But of course at that point it's too late... and I thought we had another test before the final but we don't... which means, there will only be three grades... the 'C' I got on the first exam, this 'F' and the final... which sucks because I'll basically have to ace that shit... but it is what it is... I gotta do whatever it takes to pass these classes...

SPAN 1004: This is by far my least favorite class... because there was a point in time where I really wanted to learn Spanish and become fluent in it... so I studied, made sure that I really worked hard to verb tenses down and whatnot... so when it came down to the test, it wasn't that big a deal because I was already devoted to learning the language anyway... I've gotten to the point now where I just really don't care though... and since I don't care, I really loathe this class... and the professor doesn't make it any easier... usually, I spend time writing poems or just random bullshit... anything to make the time pass... so today, I actually wanted to be a part of class... I paid attention... followed along in the book and was actively trying to do the work... so when she called on me, I actually surprised her by knowing the answer because usually I'm on some "damn, why she just call on me...? I ain't payin' attention" type shit... so the second time she called on me, I was still paying attention but I just didn't know the answer... I had been doing everything on my laptop and I asked the girl next to me what a word meant and she called me out like I wasn't paying attention... talkin' about "Greg, you need to put that laptop up if it doesn't have anything to do with Spanish..." so now, couple the fact that I don't know the answer, it looks like I'm talking in class and I got my laptop open and you got a moment that's making me look stupid... and I don't like to look stupid... it just made me feel wack... like I know I'm not doing a good job at setting the scene but she just made me feel like an ass even though I was genuinely trying to do my work... but it's all gravy... trust and believe, next Tuesday, I'll be on my slacker shit and then I won't have to worry about feeling offended...

ANTH 3002: This class is almost always boring... LOL... I mean, there's just too much reading and too much of these same repeated information over and over... today wasn't too terrible... in fact, it was kinda dope... I turned in some work online on Tuesday but the professor said she didn't have a grade for me... now where the average professor would've been on some "well, I don't believe you... just get it to me... I'll take some points off but at least I'll take it..." this professor was cool about it... I just resubmitted it and she said she wouldn't take points off...

ENGL 3830: This is my play-writing class... I've tried just about every type of genre of writing and this was the only one I hadn't really explored... I didn't think I was all that great at it but today my professor (who's had plays and screenplays published) was like "I love your writing... if you need a letter of recommendation then just let me know... I'd be happy to do it..." HOW DOPE IS THAT? I mean, I know people get LOR's like it's nothing but I've never had a professor just straight come out to me like that like "if you need something, I got you..."

But anyway, that was my day... and I wish I could say I don't have to think about school again until next Tuesday but I have a Spanish test, three essays to work out, lots of homework and a bunch of other things to take care of... until next time, blogfam...

2 comments:

  1. Useful information thanks for sharing this post..Pls visit us:ไฮโล

    ReplyDelete
  2. เลเซอร์หน้าใส เป็นอีกหนึ่งสิ่งใหม่ทางความสวยสดงดงามที่ช่วยฟื้นฟูผิวหนังที่แห้งกระด้าง บริเวณใบหน้าหมองคล้ำให้กลับมาผ่องใสมองสดชื่น ผ่องใสภายในเวลาอันเร็ว นับว่าเป็นทางลัดความงดงามที่กำลังเป็นที่นิยมสูง ช่วยเลี้ยงดูผิวให้ขาวกระจ่างขาวสวยใส จากการลดลางเลือนริ้วรอยจุดด่างดำได้อย่างมีคุณภาพ

    เลเซอร์หน้าใส
    เลเซอร์ลดริ้วรอย
    เลเซอร์รอยสิว

    ReplyDelete