Monday, June 1, 2009

Why I'm So Optimistic...

People are constantly telling/asking me about my optimism... my nonchalance... and my take on it is this: what the hell should I be so angry about? I was such an angry and depressed person for the first 22 years of my life and it took me literally telling myself "just fuck it... if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, it doesn't..." and ever since then, it's like a weight was lifted... you don't realize how much your mindset affects you until you have a situation like I did... and I'm not going to make it seem like I never get depressed or get sad because that's not the case but it's nothing like it used to be... last year, I seriously considered suicide and was THISCLOSE to actually going through with it...

But nowadays, my favorite thing to say is "it is what it is..." and people think it's insane... but I mean, what would be the point of getting so high-strung about things that don't require it...?

Today was one of those days were everything falls into place and it's one of the days that keep me basking in that optimism... I decided that I'm going to be a teacher once I graduate in January and I was being told that I needed to do all these things in order to become one... I had to take these extra classes, I had to take a test that would cost like $140 plus another $200 in test materials... come to find out today that, all I REALLY need to do is graduate and find someone to hire me... LOL... that shit had me smiling all day long...

Then, I thought I was gonna have a minor setback because a class I was trying to register for that I need to graduate (Spanish 1003) wasn't filling up fast enough and they were going to cut the class, which would set me back a semester... I went online last week to try to register for the other class and it was full... today, I went there and somebody had dropped the class... guess who's in that spot now and still on schedule to graduate in December...?

A few months back, I did my taxes and I was only supposed to get like a total of $25... I laughed it off... yeah, I was a little peeved, but eventually it was just like whatever... I'll just take my girl to the movies or somthing... rather than look at as an L, I made it into a positive...
Today, I get a call from mom-duke and she tells me that I got a tax check at the crib for $386... seems that the person that did my taxes didn't do things correct... THAT'S WHY I REMAIN OPTIMISTIC... because good things will happen when you think positive thoughts...

It also means these:
...are coming to the crib in July... yessirrrrrrr!!!


Good thoughts produce good things... trust and believe that...


"Today was a good day..."
O'Shea Jackson




Ya'll be easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment