Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This Weekend at the Redbox

As you've probably guessed by now, I didn't blog much this weekend because I went home to spend some time with the wife (it was surprisingly argument-free... LOL) and we're a simple type of couple... we don't go out and do a whole bunch of wild shit... we're homebody types, so most nights, we rent a few movies from the Redbox and bug out... so this weekend, this is what we watched...


I'd def say this is the best movie we watched all weekend... when I first heard the premise I was like "I guess it sounds kinda interesting" but I was expecting anything that breath-taking... but yo, it was DOPE... even though, he seemed a bit of the "Captain-Save-a-Ho" type with the way he was behaving with ol' girl, it was dope how they weaved the story together... and the music in the film, went HARD... his brother was funny too... mean as fuck, but funny...

I had never seen this before and Nicole almost bugged out because she LOVES this movie... it was pretty cool... I'm still trying to figure out how he only got two years for like 166 pounds of weed (it might've been more than that... I can't remember the exact number)... LOL... my favorite quote: "Danbury wasn't a prison, it was a crime school... I went in with a Bachelor of Marijuana, came out with a Doctorate of Cocaine..." That's some poetry right there, B...

This shit right here was my favorite flick all weekend... LMAO... I'm a sucker for really bad hood movies and this one took the motherfucking cake... basically, it's about this guy who's trying to become a lawyer at NYU but still hangs out with his little hood friends who have started a gang (called the Decepticons... yes... that's right... the DECEPTICONS... LMAO) and basically run around knocking niggas out, selling coke and what have you... it was just a bummy ass premise with bad acting... the storyline didn't make ANY sense at some parts... like the part where his friend is about to bag his ex-girlfriend... LOL... it was just randomly thrown in there... I can't say any more than that... Nicole wanted her dollar back but I would have gladly watched it four more times... it was hilarious... and don't ask me why Freddro Starr was on the front because he wasn't even the main character... LOL... if this is at your Redbox, I beg you to pick this up and laugh your ass off...


Ummm... I don't know if it's because I missed the first 15 minutes or what but this movie was DUMB confusing... halfway through, I stopped watching because I got... ummmm... preoccupied... is what we'll call it... Maybe I'll rent it again one day...


WHY IS THIS MOVIE SO LONNNNNNNNNNNG??? OMG, this shit took FOREVER to go off... the premise is dope... I can't front... it has a really dope story line... but just, wow... it's too long and for no reason... there are a lot of things that are included for no reason... the dude that keeps getting struck by lightning... the whole clock thing at the beginning (I understood the symbolism but still... they could have done something else, I guess) It was good though... I wouldn't watch it again for a few years (3 hours is too fucking long for a damn movie...) but I can't say it wasn't an enjoyable movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment