Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Conan's Debut on the Tonight Show

I've been a fan of Conan ever since junior high (roughly 10 years) and back when I didn't have cable, Conan was THAT dude late at night... at first I thought maybe he was just funny because there was nothing else on but dude used to literally have me dying...

In the Year 2000? Taking his desk for a drive? The string dance? Dude was a comic genius... so needless to say that when I heard he was taking over for Jay Leno, I was more than a little excited... because he was always funny... not comic funny, just funny period...

So last night, I peeped his debut and it was just eh... I don't even remember laughing before Will Ferrel came out and even then, it was more of a muffled chuckle... for the first time ever, Conan was REACHING for jokes instead of just being his usual funny self... he was just trying way too hard and it wasn't funny... it was actually kind of annoying... I can only hope it gets better because if not, I want him to go back to New York and 12:35 AM... if it ain't broke, don't fix it...


Ya'll be easy...

3 comments:

  1. My brother said he's going to have to calm down to stay in Jay Leno's spot...

    God, I hope not...

    I think it was just like the first day and they have to watch their steps and feel out the kinks...before he could be his regular old stupid self...

    here's a fun random... I actually wrote a paper in college about how much I love Conan...I got an A...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I missed it!... I love Conan also. I'm sure he was extremely nervous last night, give him sometime to chill, and we'll get our lovable Conan back :)... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @**Star, that's dope... LOL... what class was this for?

    @K-Dub, Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for... I just hope it doesn't stay this way because it really eh... but I'm hoping it was just first night jitters...

    ReplyDelete