Thursday, June 11, 2009

Being the First/Last to Know...

Why do people always trip over being the first/last to know something? I mean does it really matter when you find something out as long as it's in a reasonable amount of time...? The other day I get a text that says "Why you ain't tell me you was in a relationship...?"

To which I respond "Who the fuck is this...?" This is your first mistake because if your number isn't in my phone then obviously, you and I don't correspond enough for me to tell you a motherfucking thing... the rest of the conversation went like this:

"It's Keisha."

"Keisha who?"

"Keisha from Raleigh."

"Do I know you?"

"Why you actin' like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like you don't know who I am..."

"Umm... I don't know who you are."

"Oh, so now you got you a girl and you don't know nobody... I'm mad I was the last one to find out."

And it was this point, clearly 10 minutes too late, that I put whoever Keisha is on ignore... people like this IRK the fuck outta me... if we don't talk anymore, how are you going to complain about finding some shit out mad late? It's not like I called up Channel 14 News and made a grand announcement about being in a relationship... LOL... let's be serious... I'm an open person for the most part so if I didn't tell you either 1) I specifically didn't want YOU to know or 2) we simply don't communicate that much...


The only thing that bothers me more than somebody complaining about being the last to know is the person who feels like they're entitled to know everything first... this is an example of conversation me and my ex would have...

"I got that job!"

"Oh word... that's whassup... we should go out and celebrate tonight..."

"Well, I just got done telling Jamal and he said--"

"Wait a minute... you told Jamal before you told me?"

"Yeah, what's wrong with--"

"So I guess Jamal is more important than me huh?"

"What?"

"You know what? Just fuck it... Jamal is clearly who you wanna be with!"

"What the hell just happened here?"


Does it really matter who I told first? Like say something happened and I called you to share the news but you were unavailable...? Does that mean I'm supposed to sit on the information until it's a better time for you...? Ehhhhh... I think not... as long as it's not something that's like months/years old, I don't think it's that big a deal...


Ya'll be easy...

1 comment:

  1. Amen

    and LMAO

    'yes because now that Jamal knows before you the original message is pointless. . .'


    people crack me up

    ReplyDelete