Friday, April 24, 2009

Terms I Need to Stop Saying...

I consider myself a pretty peace-loving, considerate and positive person... but I must also admit that I've fallen victim to pop culture a few times... and I've noticed that there are two words that I got from pop culture and that I say like a million times a day and I really need to stop because it could be seen as offensive...

"ghey" and "rape"


I say these shits like all the time... for example, last night I was playing 2K9 and I was playing with Dallas... and Dirk could not make a jumper for shit plus TD21 was just scoring all over this dude... so what came out of my mouth as a result was "Damn, Dirk... Duncan is straight-up, ass-rapin' you..." and I say shit like this all the time (usually as a reference to sports, not the actual act of rape) but knowing that friends of mine have been raped, I don't feel that's acceptable even though I don't mean it that way... so I'm going to stop...


The other one (and probably more offensive) is "ghey..." I'm the type of dude that hates when people use the term "ghetto" to describe something they think is stupid... like I still cringe when I hear somebody say "My professor is making us take a test on the last day of class... that's so ghetto..." What in the blue fuck does taking a test have to do with being ghetto??? And I guess the thing that bothers me about it, is that the person usually using the term doesn't know a fucking thing about the ghetto or BEING ghetto... it's like they just heard the term and decided it means this or that when in actuality, they sound like dickheads... but I digress... I use ghey in the same way (and if you haven't figured it out by now, ghey=gay) and last night I was also playing FN3 and I almost got knocked out plus I was missing my haymaker so I kept saying "man, that's ghey as fuck!" and I know that can be offensive because it's like I'm saying being gay is a bad thing when honestly, I don't think it is... I have too many gay friends, associates and family members to feel like that... I don't wanna be offensive or ostracize somebody over something as dumb as that...


So all that being said, I'm going to refrain from the aforementioned terms... it won't be overnight, but I'm definitely going to try to cut back...





Ya'll be easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment