Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hip-Hop

So today, I kinda went in on my African-American History professor because he kept talking about hip hop degrades Black people (mostly Black women) and he kept talking about how they exploit women in "Tip Drill" (he always brings this one up for some reason... that shit isn't anything close to the average rap flick... that is truly an example of the extreme... not to mention, that shit came on at 3 in the morning, B... it ain't like they were playing Tip Drill on 106 and Park... miss me with that shit...) and how the women at Spelman were taking a stand because they were trying to have a forum about it and all this old silly ass shit...

Listen... these are GROWN-ASS FUCKING WOMEN... Nelly did not make any of these women do anything... they willingly did that shit... if that's how they choose to present themselves then they're exploiting themselves, B... simple as that...

Then he went on to talk about how today, no artists really talk about anything positive so of course the kid had to go down the laundry list of artists who are dope and talk about something other than money, hoes, cars, clothes... THEN, he went on to how rappers call women "bitches" and whatnot... peep... you can go to ANY club and the DJ could be playing the worst song ever... a dude could be talking about how he fucked a girl and her best friend, gave them AIDS, robbed their house and killed their whole damn family and women will be right there diddy-boppin' talkin' about that's their song... if I can say what I wanna say and you're going to buy it anyway, why would I bother being respectful? LOL... I mean, not me, per se... but that could be the mindset of the average rapper...

It just bothers me that people are constantly coming at hip-hop's neck and they don't even LISTEN to it... how can you critique something that you know nothing about? I don't talk about how garbage some rock and roll dude is because I know jack-shit about rock and roll...


Ya'll be easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment