Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Black History Month

Why does Black history only matter four weeks out of the year? I mean, I know why it's in February, the shortest month (I know that's the common joke...) but I don't understand why there's all this special "love" during this month and then March 1st, everybody forgets about it... frankly, it's offensive to me that I get little "black history facts" on every show... Lifetime is showing movies with mostly black characters... the NBA feels its necessary to tell me about every black player ever... the news comes with the "Negro of the Day" and shit... VH1 feels it necessary to do a Black History Show featuring Nick Cannon or some other pseudo-celebrity talking about what it feels like to be black... I mean, who the hell cares? Miss me with all this random nonsense...

Showing me black history facts during BLACK HISTORY MONTH is like getting a Valentine from your loved ON Valentine's Day... if you not showing me love all throughout the year, I could give a fuck about your silly ass V-Day card... I just hate that... and it's always on some "the first black American to do such and such" like... I don't care about that silly ass shit...

It's never anything of worth... I feel like some intern did a random Google search and found like a spreadsheet with all the things black people have ever done and just decided to throw it up on the computer screen like I'm supposed to be impressed... I'd be impressed if somebody threw up some random facts in saayyyyyyy... the month of May... because nobody's expecting it then...

But I don't know... I guess that's just me... ya'll be easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment